Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Kudos

So I've been thinking...why can't we get/keep good restaurants in Kaufman?  A lot of people live in and around our fair city.  More people than I can count complain about how difficult it is to find a good meal (that isn't Mexican).  Then we get a place... and six months later they have to close the doors because they haven't generated enough business to make the thing go.  

In retrospect, I probably could have eaten there more often myself. Most days I was shocked at the sparse lunch crowd.  For my part I thought the food was pretty good and the service was kind and gracious.  

Crying shame.

I know this sounds old school, but if we want to have nice places to eat and shop, we are going to have to make a point to support them.  The Kaufman economy has suffered over the past 10 for lots of reasons.  I don't suppose this is going to change overnight.
One thing we all do if is set aside a part of our spending for Kaufman shopping/eating. 

With gas at $4 this makes more sense now than ever before. 

So, anyone interested in Chick-fil-A for dinner?

3 comments:

Amy Elaine Williamson said...

we never went once, now that is a crying shame. We eat out a couple of times a week and it never came to mind when it was time to go out...

Teach said...

I had the exact same thought! I guess I can't complain when we have to eat fried chicken or mexican food for dinner.
- Leslie

Kathy Reed said...

I would love to have Chick-fil-A in Kaufman. Who's going to open one?